Friday, August 1, 2008

Joell Ortiz speaks on being "Dropped"



and his source is My Video on YouTube



It really fascinates me how much feeling people put into a word. I starting thinking a lot about the word “dropped” recently. A few months ago after my former label mate Bishop Lamont told an interviewer I was, ”dropped” from Aftermath. Very shortly after his interview the news of my being “dropped” was all over the net, announced on the radio and even ended up on the evening news in Puerto Rico. People I hadn’t heard from in years called to express condolences after they heard I got, “dropped”.

A few people in my Mom’s building even taped notes on her door to express there grief over my getting “dropped”. My mom has stood by me throughout my struggle to get a record deal and she is really protective of me so that word “dropped” affected her a lot. She called me crying when she heard I got, “dropped”

I explained to her that I asked to be released and not “dropped” but she kept asking me, “Why are doing this to you” I told her no one was doing anything to me but that word,”dropped” had a grip on her. She is cool now but it was hard talking to her during that time. All cause of a word. I’ve attached two conversations about me where people are using the word ”dropped”. You can hear the emotions and the acting out that goes on around the word.


Read the rest of the posts here at Joell's new Blog

as much as I want to read that post from a fan's perspective I can't help but be gassed that the dude actually copied and pasted some shit I put together. Granted, it wasn't a Picasso Painting or nothing.

I know that might be on some FuckBoy shit. But it's rare the blog or anything I've done get's any type of recognition.

Anyways, Big Ups to Joell, that brotha has a bright future, with or without a major backing him. As you all have noticed the posts are getting lighter as the days go. I've gave y'all the disclaimer before. I have a feeling the blog might take a complete dive when the new school semester starts. But we'll see how things pan out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
xanax no prescription

Xanax is contraindicated to patients with known sensitivity to Xanax or other benzodiapines.
[url=http://www.sistersandroses.com/]generic xanax[/url]
Death has been reported in connection with overdoses of alprazolam by itself, as it has with other benzodiazepines.
http://www.sistersandroses.com/ - xanax cost
Fatalities have also been reported in patients who have overdosed with a combination of a single benzodiazepine including alprazolam and alcohol.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://owenuqit.100freemb.com/idujas.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://yvahuguw.virtue.nu/jucorofu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life