Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Game clears up Em/Proof reference in "My Life"





If you're an avid "HipHop Blogger/Reader" you're aware of the subliminal shots at Em The Game took on the previous version of the song,


Within a mere 24 hours of the leak. Interscope Representives and The Game have already made it priority to shoot down any rumors of the below line being deemed ''dis-respectful"

Here's the verse

You see them 24’s spinning, I earned ‘em/and all the pictures of me and Em, I burned ‘em/ so there ain’t no proof that I ever walked through 8 Mile/and since there’s no Proof, I’ll never walk through 8 Mile


Here's Game's response:

When I originally wrote the song “My Life” I was trying to think back on events that affected my life and how they changed me. When I first got signed to Aftermath and G-Unit I was exposed to so many different people from Dre to Em to 50 to Proof. I always identified with Proof. We were always cool and he would reach out to me when ever I was going through something I remember when Proof died vividly and now every time I think about going to Detroit I get depressed. That is what I was trying to say in that verse and the more I looked at I realized that people would take it the wrong way…the way they are taking it now that it leaked. So I decided to change it so that this bullshit wouldn’t happen and now it’s happened anyway. For the record, this is not the version on my album, this is not the version that radio will get and this is not the version that I just shot the video to. Furthermore, I apologize to anyone who took this the wrong way as that was never my intention.




Apparently they just wrapped the shoot for this in L.A. I'm asssuming it was after or somewhere around the duration of this shoot when the infamous SpiderLoc 40 Glocc/ Wayne and Baby confrontation took place.

Here's the Diss Free "4th" Version (I think) of the track:


Download/Listen to (the new, diss-free version): The Game feat. Lil Wayne - "My Life"


0 comments: