Saturday, July 12, 2008

Linear Notes to Nas new album "Untitled"



"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"




Here's a sample of the linear notes inside the new, Nas album, "Nigger" "Untitled".



“Nigger” or “Nigga”, not even the lesser evil “negro”, could ever be our title. We are way more complicated, beautiful and intelligent than any word created for us. Africa isn’t even a name we chose for the continent. But hey… it is what it is. Some things just stick and are hard to change. What would be a proper name for us? Think about it. We should decide on it. I don’t think it matters much but, with that being said, racial bias will probably never die. You would think in this day and in these times, with all that’s going on all over the planet, we should be past this. I want to be past this but it seems like some things don’t go away. Instead they get more dangerous and worse. Nigger is a word that comes from the African-American slave trade. That slave trade is a massive part of American history but people want to sweep it under the rug like it never existed……….





Linear Notes huh....

I haven't read an album's CD Jacket ever since I last bought one, which was a little over 2 years ago.

I miss the excitement of purchasing a new album, slicing the shrink-wrap and reading the track-listing, photography/artwork, obscure shot-outs, etc.



shamelessly bitten from 2 Dope Boyz




0 comments: