Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nas talks to KING Magazine about his current feelings towards 50 and Mobb Deep



King Magazine recently released some lost excerpts of an interview with Nas. While most of it had to do with Nas discussing his early years in Hip Hop, one question and accusation proved to be a bit eyebrow raising.



"I ran into Prodigy last week and asked him, 'What should I ask Nas?' He said, 'Ask him, ‘What happened backstage at the Central Park show in 2004,’” Thomas Golianopoulos inquired.
“Man, that was some classic Mobb Deep shit. They was rumbling,” Nas replied regarding a fight that took place backstage between Mobb Deep and others. But Prodigy thinks that those involved were Nas’ people.
“He thinks you set him up,” Golianopoulos responded



and when given the oppurtunity to salt the former friend's name, Nas responds very cool and calmly.

“I did hear that. Nah, I would never do that to him,” Nas retorted. “We had our differences, which was really just hyped up bullshit. I wish everything for Prodigy. They caught a lot of bad breaks. I just wish the best for him. I wish he didn’t have to do this time. And I would love to see them come back again. I would be the first person in the record store buying a Mobb album. I want to see them give it to us however many more times.”

Nas also revealed how he felt about Mobb Deep joining G-Unit.
“I was really happy to see 50 embrace them. I thought that was G because that’s something that doesn’t happen from the higher ups. All these big companies, they don’t care about us. They don’t care about the talented ones that aren’t given a fair shot and I thought it was a good move on 50’s






No condescending, in-direct tone towards the "friend's turned foes"? Good work Nasir, had an oppurtunity to bad-mouth two of your former counter-parts and didn't take the bait. How mature.

Nothing says "you're of NO importance at all" more than complimenting the competition.

0 comments: